Africa's Next Rising Stars Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Chaguo Awards Africa 2020 is open to all youth aged between 13 and 24.
- Chaguo Awards Africa 2020 is organized by 360 Experience Agency Africa and its partners who shall only be disclosed via the various information channels that the awards will use.
- By participating in the awards, you accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the awards which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated in any other way. Such Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any awards Information.
- We may cancel or amend the Awards, Awards Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Awards Information or these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 8th September 2020.
- Our decision in all matters to do with the Awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Nominations open on --------. The nominations will be closed on ---------.
- Participants are free to submit as many nominees as they wish under each category. However, the final nominees that will head into the voting stage will be shortlisted based on the number of nominations that they have managed to garner.
- To nominate, participants must do the following:
- a) Register an account by providing a working email address and their official name.
- b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and accept that you have understood our T&Cs.
- A Participants nomination must be relevant to that category i.e. one cannot nominate the best actor/actress under the producer of the year category. The nomination will be considered invalid.
- Nominations will only be done on our online nomination platform and no other process or mode of nomination will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any nominations submitted and/or finalized after the nominations have closed.
- All nominations will be subject to moderation. We and/or the nominees have absolute discretion to accept or reject any nomination without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to accept an individual’s nomination for the following reasons:
- The nominee is associated with defamatory or malicious content;
- We have established that the nominee’s content has been falsified or owned by someone else who owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, copyrighted programs, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorizations;
- Breach of these Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Awards, participants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Nominees also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their content which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
- By participating in the Awards, Nominees understand and agree that:
- The Nominees grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license which shall be exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their content to which they have been nominated for, for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with:
- any program produced in relation to the Awards or containing any information in relation to the Awards, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such program (and derivative works thereof), and
- our internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Nominees.
- For the avoidance of doubt, these rights include, without limitation, the absolute right to edit and/or alter any content, distribute and synchronize all or any portion of any content in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of any content; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of any content; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of any entry; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of any content; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of any content in order to host, store, index, categorize and display nominees on or through the Platforms. We reserve the right to use (or not use) nominees content at all and/or as little of the content as we so choose;
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, the nominees unconditionally give us their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their content, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights you they may have in and/or in relation to their content.
- None of our, (including employees, officers, servants, agents) or any other party or organization (including their, employees, officers, servants, agents) involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Awards, or its entry, or implementation of any prize (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Awards or any prize) (together the “Awards Parties”) will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to nominations/votes, or nominations/votes lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by us.
- Any nominations which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, may be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the nomination/vote, or the operation of any part of the Awards, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the awards.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any nominees and/or nominations which we believe have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any nominee found to have tampered with the nomination/voting process or the operation of the Awards or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- The organizers will shortlist the final nominees under each category based on the number of nominations garnered from all eligible nominations received.
- Only the Final nominees will be notified
- The Final nominees’ names may be published.
- We reserves the right to select an alternative nominee in the event that a nominee is unable to be contacted.
- The Public will then be invited to vote for their favorite nominees. The voting will be open on the official Chaguo Awards Africa 2020 website. The voting will be free. You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
- We reserve the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (i.e. more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any nominee who engages in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the votes.
- The nominee who receives the highest number of votes under that specific category will be the winner within that specific category.
- In the event of an equal number of votes, all tied nominees will be judged by our team, who will determine at its sole discretion which nominee should win the award.
- We will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using all the available resources and contacts at our disposal but in the event of any failure to do so or a winner’s failure to respond within 48 hours of the results of the voting being determined, We reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the nominees.
- The winner must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by us. In the event that the winner is not available when required, we reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- We may exercise at our sole discretion to use all winners’ names, addresses, images, and their comments relating to the Awards experience for promotion of the Awards, or the Awards Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
- The information participants supply in connection with the Awards (including their personal details):
- may be included in a database compiled for the Awards and will be used for the purposes of selecting Winners;
- may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any program produced in connection with the Awards; and
- will not be supplied to third parties (other than the Awards Parties) other than as is reasonably necessary to select Winners and administer the Awards.
- Any personal information provided by the participants, will only be used by us in accordance with its Privacy Statement which is accessible for the purposes of the Awards or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Awards Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, none of the Awards Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any nominee entering the Awards or as a result of accepting the Awards. None of the Awards Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Awards.
- None of the Awards Parties promise that the services relating to the Awards will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Awards Party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Awards is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any nominee does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Awards Information, We shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such nominee, without any further liability to such nominee. In these circumstances, any award won by the nominee may be forfeited. All nominees must comply with any directions given by any Awards Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Awards Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of each individual participating country.